1. Regular exercise will toughen your muscles and bones. (经常锻炼可以使你的肌肉和骨骼变得更坚强。)
2. The company has taken steps to toughen its data security measures. (公司已经采取措施加强其数据安全措施。)
3. Growing up in a tough neighborhood helped toughen him up for life's challenges. (在一个艰难的社区长大有助于让他变得坚强，应对人生的挑战。)
例句:I figure she wanted to toughen me up. (但她坚持 But she insisted. 我觉得她是想磨练我)
例句:She'd pit us three against each other-- to toughen us up, I guess. (她会让我们三个狗咬狗... 使我们更坚强)
例句:Members of the Senate also are pushing to give the White House new tools to toughen policy toward China. (而参议院也有议员提倡给予白宫新的工具来强化对华政策。)
例句:Visiting the Kurils is the latest in a series of moves by Mr Medvedev in a month, indicating that he is trying to toughen up his image. (翻译:视察南千岛群岛是一个月来采取的一系列行动中最新的一个，表明他正试图让自己的形象变得更为强硬。)
toughen一般作为动词使用，如在toughen up(困难,使强壮)、toughen someone up([网络] 强化某人)等常见短语中出现较多。
|toughen someone up||[网络] 强化某人|
1. Members of the Senate also are pushing to give the White House new tools to toughen policy toward China. (翻译:而参议院也有议员提倡给予白宫新的工具来强化对华政策。)
2. Visiting the Kurils is the latest in a series of moves by Mr Medvedev in a month, indicating that he is trying to toughen up his image. (翻译:视察南千岛群岛是一个月来采取的一系列行动中最新的一个，表明他正试图让自己的形象变得更为强硬。)
3. Japan will toughen sanctions against North Korea, the top government spokesman, Chief Cabinet Secretary Hirofumi Hirano, said on Friday. (翻译:日本首席发言人，内阁官房长官平野博文周五表示，日本将加大对的制裁。)
4. Talks are under way to toughen trade restrictions. (翻译:加强贸易限制的会谈正在进行中。)
5. Uh, she really needs to toughen up if she wants to make it anywhere in this competition. (翻译:给你做手术 如果她真的想一直走下去 她必须强势起来)
6. We need to toughen them up so they're ready for the real world!" (翻译:我们应该好好锻炼他们，让他们 早点适应这个真实残酷的世界!” )
7. Certainly it has not proven to be a workable solution in the Niger Delta, where it has only served to toughen the militants. (翻译:显然，这种办法在尼日尔三角洲被证明是行不通的，相反已让武装人员变得更强硬。)
8. A majority of Americans believe the U. S. needs to toughen its trade and economic policies toward China, that poll found. (翻译:这项民调还发现，大多数美国人认为应该在贸易和经济政策上对中国持强硬态度。)
9. And they want Slovakia hardman Skrtel, 26, to toughen up their defence. (翻译:并且他们想要xx岁的斯洛伐克硬汉斯科特尔以增加防线硬度。)
10. However, urged by my renewed requests plus their intention to toughen my will in hard conditions, they finally agreed to let me have a try. (翻译:但禁不住我的再三请求，同时也想让我受点磨炼，他们终于答应让我试试。)
11. The Janpanese gov't decided to ban exports to the DPRK and toughen restrictions on personnel flows as additional sanctions on Pyongyang. (翻译:日本决定对实施新的制裁措施，包括全面禁止对出口物资，并在人员往来方面强化限制。)
12. Xiang Xiang's release came after nearly three years of training to toughen him up(2) at the research centre. (翻译:祥祥在放归之前曾接受将近xx年的生存训练。)
13. "One main problem is the abrasion factor, " he said. "You have to toughen up the skin on the bottom of your feet. " (翻译:“一个主要问题是磨损因素，”他说，“你不得不使自己足底的皮肤变得更坚硬。”)
14. Nevertheless, researchers have discovered that a process long known to discolor and toughen foods may also contribute to age related impairment of both cells and tissues. (翻译:然而，研究人员发现，一个长期以来众所周知的使食物变色和变硬的过程也可能与年龄相关的细胞和组织损伤有关。)
15. Over a period of two or three weeks, these fibres meld together to form thin, wet sheets of cellulose that toughen as they are dried out. (翻译:经过2~3个星期，这些纤维素细丝相互形成薄薄的潮湿的一层纤维素垫子，当它们干燥的视乎就会变得非常坚韧。)
- toughen up：变得更坚强，变得更坚韧；增强体质；变得更严厉
- toughen one's stance：强硬立场
1. The training camp is designed to toughen up young basketball players.
2. Running on the beach is a good way to toughen one's calves.
3. He toughened his stance on immigration after the terrorist attack.
4. The coach pushed his players hard to toughen them up for the upcoming game.
5. His experience in the army toughened him up and gave him a new perspective on life.
6. The company is taking steps to toughen its cybersecurity measures.
7. The leader's toughened rhetoric towards the rival nation alarmed many in the international community.