读音：ìn hā bìlì
The company has been declared a bad company and will be restricted or entirely disabled.
His surgery could lead to him losing his mobility in his future life, or even be incapacitated.
Inhabilitar is a Spanish verb that can be translated into English as "to disqualify," "to disbar," or "to disable." Here are four aspects of the term:
1. Legal usage: Inhabilitar is commonly used in legal contexts to refer to the suspension or revocation of professional licenses, particularly for doctors, lawyers, or accountants. In this sense, it means to disqualify someone from practicing their profession due to misconduct, incompetence, or other reasons.
Example: El abogado fue inhabilitado por tres años por mala conducta. (The lawyer was disbarred for three years due to misconduct.)
2. Physical or mental disability: In some contexts, inhabilitar can refer to the loss of physical or mental abilities, such as the ability to work or to perform certain tasks due to illness, injury, or old age.
Example: La enfermedad lo inhabilitó para trabajar durante varios meses. (The illness disabled him from working for several months.)
3. Political usage: Inhabilitar can also be used in political contexts to refer to the removal of elected officials from office, particularly for corruption or violation of the law.
Example: El presidente fue inhabilitado para ejercer su cargo por haber cometido un delito grave. (The president was disqualified from holding office for having committed a serious crime.)
4. Sports usage: Inhabilitar can be used in sports contexts to refer to the suspension or disqualification of athletes or teams from competitions due to doping or other infractions.
Example: El equipo fue inhabilitado para partir en el torneo por haber incumplido las reglas antidopaje. (The team was disqualified from partiting in the tournament for violating the doping rules.)
Here are five additional examples of inhabilitar in context:
1. Los médicos que cometan errores graves pueden ser inhabilitados para ejercer su profesión. (Doctors who make serious mistakes can be disbarred from practicing their profession.)
2. El conductor fue inhabilitado para conducir durante un año por haber cometido varias infracciones de tráfico. (The driver was disqualified from driving for one year for having committed several traffic violations.)
3. El juez fue inhabilitado por tres años por haber aceptado sobornos. (The judge was suspended for three years for having taken bribes.)
4. El ciclista fue inhabilitado para competir durante dos años por haber dado positivo en un control antidopaje. (The cyclist was banned from competing for two years for testing positive in a doping test.)
5. La empresa fue inhabilitada para licitar en contratos públicos por haber incumplido las normas de transparencia. (The company was barred from bidding on public contracts for having violated transparency rules.)