abdicate的意思是“退位，放弃（权利、责任等）”。它的中文翻译为“放弃王位，退位；放弃权利，职位等”。其发音为/ˈæbdɪkeɪt/。例如：“The king abdicated the throne and retired to a life of leisure.”（国王退位并退隐享受生活。）
例句:The Russian Emperor was forced to abdicate, bringing to an end nearly 500 years of Tsarist rule. (俄国皇帝退位，将近 xx年的沙皇统治就此告终。)
例句:Wellington's attacks from the south, and other defeats, eventually forced Napoleon to abdicate, and Louis XVIII was crowned King. (惠灵顿的攻击从南方来，而其它的都失败了 最终迫使退位 路易十八国王加冕)
例句:We can't abdicate that responsibility, because we, humans, are responsible for that spread. (我们不能推脱这个责任， 因为要对这种传播负责的， 是我们人类自己。)
例句:But we have to own up to our moral responsibility to judgment, and use algorithms within that framework, not as a means to abdicate and outsource our responsibilities to one another as human to human. (翻译:们也需要在判断中 加入道德义务， 在这个框架下使用算法， 而不是像人与人 之间相互推卸那样， 就把责任转移给机器。)
1. We can't abdicate that responsibility, because we, humans, are responsible for that spread. (翻译:我们不能推脱这个责任， 因为要对这种传播负责的， 是我们人类自己。)
2. But we have to own up to our moral responsibility to judgment, and use algorithms within that framework, not as a means to abdicate and outsource our responsibilities to one another as human to human. (翻译:们也需要在判断中 加入道德义务， 在这个框架下使用算法， 而不是像人与人 之间相互推卸那样， 就把责任转移给机器。)
3. But 40 years later she would spark a constitutional crisis, when the King of England, Edward VIII, decided to abdicate, in order to marry this twice-divorced American woman. (翻译:但xx年后 她引发了一场危机 当时的英格兰国王 爱德华八世)
4. Some Egyptologists believe Akhenaten was forced to abdicate and flee from Egypt with a group of his loyal followers. (翻译:一些古埃及文化专家相信 Akhenaten是被强制退位的 并连同他的一些死忠一起被驱逐出埃及)
5. Phillipe knew that my firstborn... his brother Pierre, wanted to abdicate... which he did, eventually, to join the church. (翻译:其他什么人做出的 or anybody eIse.)
6. If he were to abdicate, it would be the first time a Japanese emperor has stepped down since emperor Kokaku in 1817. (翻译:如果明仁天皇退位，这将是xx年光格天皇退位之后，首次有日本天皇退位。)
7. King Juan Carlos of Spain once insisted "kings don't abdicate, they die in their sleep". (翻译:西班牙国王胡安卡洛斯曾坚称：“国王们没有退位，他们在睡梦中去世了。” )
8. Yuan Shih-k'ai must become President to counter the Ch'ing court and force the Emperor to abdicate. (翻译:只有袁世凯出任大总统 才能与皇室找到平衡，施行逼宫)
9. She was forced to abdicate the throne of Spain. (翻译:她让出西班牙的王位。)
10. The British wanted another candidate to run Zanzibar, and demanded the nephew abdicate. (翻译:英国人心中另有人选，要求发动的侄子让位。)
11. There you will abdicate your Title and in return, my lord guarantees that he will do everything in his power to see that no harm comes to you or your family. (翻译:以满足我的主人, 一旦出现,就放弃, 我不能这样做,你的荣誉, 你不能信任他们,)
12. Mihai says that the Communist leaders threatened to execute 1, 000 students unless he agreed to abdicate. (翻译:国王说党威胁他退位，否则就要1000名学生。)
词组搭配：abdicate the throne（退位），abdicate responsibility（放弃责任）。
1. King Edward VIII abdicated the throne in 1936 to marry Wallis Simpson.
2. The CEO was forced to abdicate his position after the company's financial scandal was exposed.
3. The prime minister's lack of action prompted calls for her to abdicate responsibility.
4. The company founder abdicated control of the business to his son.
5. The aging monarch knew it was time to abdicate the throne and allow his son to take over.